Time-intensive, confusing, frustrating and unavoidable – all these things are perfectly suitable with the most important aspect of SEO, known as link building. Undoubtedly this process is one of the trump-cards of Search Engine Optimization process for higher ranking. The newly launched websites especially need good links to develop any sort of Search Engine visibility. The reason behind it is quite simple; actually the links pointing to a new website can get it indexed and can help the website to start ranking for a low to medium competition keywords.
Here one thing should be mentioned that ‘Page Rank’ is no longer be the Alfa and Omega of SEO process; it is just an indication of how popular a website is with Search Engine. Increasing Google PR without getting backlinks is simply impossible. To meet that criterion most SEO professionals make the mistake of blindly diving into link building process by hoping that it will help the Search Engine rankings. But the thing is that – not all links are good links. Here we are focusing on some very important link building tips every link building professional needs to follow while building links for a website:
News and Syndication Help a Lot
- Article syndication on article websites like Ezine and Amazines helps a lot in getting good links and traffic.
- Syndication of Press Release contains much more value in terms of getting links. One can directly send the Press Release to the journalists or post them to the sites like PRWeb, PR Leap etc.
- One needs to post news in the concerned website’s news segment as well; it also helps a lot for getting good links.
Social Book Marking and Directories Submission
- There are thousands of web directories available in the internet. One needs to submit one’s website under the related category in those directories, which is highly beneficial for link building.
- One can create his own directory where he can post own site’s link as well as link other websites with his site.
- An SEO can create something really interesting which possesses a unique captivating power for the target consumers, it would help a lot to get excellent links.
- Tag the related websites in the sites like Del.icio.us. If they find your website really interesting then they will definitely move forward.
Blogging is one of the best methods of getting links. You can start your own blog or can post comment on others’ blogs, which would help you in the link building process.
Post Reviews and Stay Open for Getting Reviews
You can post reviews in others’ blog or website, vice versa can get ready for receiving reviews in your website from others.
Despite of the aforementioned steps, every professional SEO needs to perform the below mentioned tasks to be successful in link building:
- Focusing on relevant links: Day-by-day Google’s Robot is getting smarter and one of the important aspects for the future of backlinks is “relevancy”. That’s why everyone should focus on getting links only from relevant websites which are similar to the concerned website. Backlinks from the relevant website contain more value and link juice; which is why, those links will get a higher value than the random links collected from other sites.
- Use of Anchor text: Anchor text plays a very important role in quality link building process. This is the text that contains the link and Google assigns great value to a link with anchor text. The anchor text consists of the keywords of the website which actively help to improve the Search Engine ranking of the site.
- Focusing on getting permanent back links: Loosing a high rank is worse than not ranking well. It is very common for a website to drop off the SERPs if it loses its back links.
- Getting links from high PR sites: Links from high PR sites contain more value than links from low PR sites. That’s why every professional only emphasizes on quality links from good PR sites.
- Avoid a bunch of No Follow links: Now many websites have “nofollow” tag which was originally introduced to identify the spammers and deter them from pasting random links everywhere. The websites which contain nofollow tag mean that a link will not be accredited as a back link; that’s why getting links from such a websites isn’t as worthy as dofollow links from an SEO point of view. But, you shouldn’t totally ignore nofollow links if you are getting a few because such links work when we have a nofollow link on the highly authority sites where thousands of visitors come everyday. In such cases, as we believe, we get clicks on our sites which leads a high PR and domain authority for our website.
Finally, every link building professional should not be blinded by the little green bar which shows the Google PR, rather should give utmost importance on the quality link building aspect and to get the maximum output from that process everyone needs to keep in mind the above discussed link building tips.